Monday, February 22, 2010

Day 359 - Gloria's Style (Vintage)


I found this challenge to be HARD!!! The challenge is to make a vintage style card and "scraplift" an idea from Gloria's card. (Wishing I knew how to incorporate links :] ).


I am not a fan of the vintage look, but I went through my stash of paper and came up with this card. I used a plain brown cardstock for the card. A stamp from Paper Studios was used on the edge of the card. I also distressed the rest of the card with brown ink. I took a piece of scrapbook paper (vintage map) and spray water on it and crumpled it. Once I flatten the paper, I rolled some of the edges and also used brown ink to "distress" the paper. I did the similar technique on the "Happy Birthday" paper. I "scraplifted" Gloria's use of 3 brads.


I still need to complete Sunday's sketch challenge. I should be able to catch up tomorrow! A chance of snow in Houston, so I think I will be staying in for the day. Don't want to take the kiddos outside, since we are just recovering from a minor bug.

4 comments:

  1. well you made a fantastic vintage card! luv the map :) if you would like me to walk you threw making a link email me at roseandprecious@yahoo.com :) i will be happy to write it up for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful vintage card! Love your stamping, it's great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job on the vintage feel, especially if it isn't your favorite, you did a spectacular job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so happy you tried it out and played along! That's what stretches us out of our comfort zone. I make myself try clean and simple like Sophie - it's NOT my style and it's really HARD, but I do learn things from doing it! You did great, kiddo!

    ReplyDelete