Monday, October 15, 2012

First card for Prickley Pear!

I am so excited to be writing this post! Let me start by thanking you for stopping by! Today is my first post for Prickley Pear Rubber Stamps. If this is your first time to my blog,  you will soon find out that my cardmaking style is Clean and Simple (CAS). I do like to challenge myself once in awhile and venture into new styles and techniques.

So without further ado here is my first project:

 
I fell in love with this little ghost from the Mini Owl Cleat Stamp Set 2. So I knew that it was going to be a part of my first project. Also included in the stamp set was this fun pumpkin, which was cut-out using the Pumpkin Die.

 
Like I said before, I LOVE this little ghost. So I cutout the inside of the pumpkin and added two ghosts peeking out of the pumpkin. 

 
But I felt that there needed another ghost on the card. So I added one to the top edge of the card, "peeking" around the card.  To finish the card, I wrapped twine around the bottom.
 
Once again, thank you for stopping by! Please make sure to stop by Prickley Pear Rubber Stamps! They offer a huge variety of wonderful stamps! Also check out their blog for more design team inspiration!
 
 
Supplies:
PPRS - Mini Owl Clear Stamp Set 2
PPRS - Pumpkin Die
Trendy Twine - Orange Licorice
Recollection Cardstock
Foam Dots


Playin along with the following challenges:
2 Sisters Challenge Blog - Anything Goes
Crafts and Me - Anything Goes

8 comments:

  1. Such a SWEET card Jessica! Love that tiny ghost peeking from behind the layers on the top. The focal image is darling. Your choice of vibrant orange with the black CS is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your fun Halloween card! Very striking!

    Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun card. Love the little ghost and the touch of twine is the perfect accent! Congrats on making the DT!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great card. So lovely. I like the softness of colors and that image is so cute, also love the CAS style design like Clear Cards. I appreciate your work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun, cute, simple... Love the little ghost peeking out at the top!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute how you did the ghosts peeking from the card and on tip. I love it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. After I hand-cut the center of the pumpkin out. I used the foam dots to make the pumpkin pop off the page and added the ghosts underneath. As for the ghost on the side, I just slipped him in between the layers of cardstock.

      Delete
  7. so very cute! :) Love the peek a boo ghosts too! :)

    ReplyDelete