Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Operation Organizing Craft Room Pt. 2

I can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel! It has been a project, but I am loving the end result! Along with organizing all my craft supplies, I need to also find a way to organize my list of future projects and deadlines. I have bought a few planners and notebooks which I hope will do the trick!

I bought a simple composition notebook and wanted to dress it up a bit! So I brought out one of the DCWV Premium 5 Piece Paper Collection available at Joann Fabrics. And let the creativity begin!

 
The first step is to create the bind of the notebook. I measured the width I was looking for. First you attach the paper to the front of the cover  and wrap around to the back side.
 
 
Next it is time to create the rest of the cover. I measured and cut 2 equal size papers to cover the front and the back. Once the paper is attached, trim off the excess around the rounded corners.
 
 
I believe that this cover is beautiful, but needs a little more detail! I attached ribbon where the two papers attach, in hope to hide the paper seam. (As you can see in the picture below, the front of the May Arts ribbon is a satin teal color. However, the back side is a kraft, papery feel. I chose to use the kraft side).
 
 
The cover still needed something, so I added a cute metal embellishment to the corner. The embellishment is attached to a piece of dark brown burlap paper that is include in the DCWV Premium Paper Collection.
 
 
Once I added a stamped title to the embellishment, the notebook was finished! I am in love with the outcome and look forward to creating more! They would make cute teacher gifts! Is it too soon to think about Teacher Appreciation Week??
 
 
Thank you for stopping by! Have a wonderful day!
 
 
 
 

2 comments: