Friday, August 28, 2015

DCWV Oversized Wooden Pencil

Hello, DCWV friends! Today, I am sharing a project made using one of the new oversized DCWV 11x17 stacks. If you have not heard, DCWV release a ton of new products at JoAnn stores, including a number of oversized paper stacks!
 
I wanted to create a project to celebrate Back-to-School! So I went to search Pinterest for some ideas. I searched "teachers gifts" and as I was scrolling down, I saw an oversized wooden pencil. It looked so cool, I had to give it a try. The only difference, instead of painting the wood yellow, I decided to use some patterned paper.
 
 
It is hard to tell the size in the picture above, I am took a picture of the picture on the oversized 11x17 Double-sided Brights stack.
 
 
This project was super simple to create. I grabbed a scrap piece of a 2x4 sitting in the garage and cut one end to a point like a pencil.  Once the wood was sanded smoothly, it was time to tape of the parts that were going to be painted (point and eraser). After the paint dried, I added a strip of DCWV Dark Grey Metallic cardstock near the eraser using double-sided tape. Next, add the piece of yellow paper and wrap around the wood with tape. Using black letter stickers, I labeled the pencil. To finish of the pencil, I added a twine bow near the eraser. A perfect gift for teachers!
 
Thank you for stopping by today!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment