Wednesday, August 12, 2015

The Challenge (and Thrill) of Scrapbooking

I have recently came to the conclusion (or finally accepted), that I have way too many printed photos just sitting around. Over the last few years, I would sit down and create a scrapbook page or two per year. But I am proud to say, that over the last two months, I have created 5 of them. I am having a blast with this (semi) new adventure. Scrapbooking is definitely more challenging that cardmaking! (At least for me, anyway!) However, I find it more fun!

My comfort level with scrapbooking is low. I can usually crank out a card in 15 minutes or so. The process for a scrapbook page is much longer than that. In fact, it might take me up to 2-3 days to reach completion! With cardmaking, my style is more Clean and Simple. With scrapbooking, the pages start of the same. But when I think I am done, I look over the page and feel like it needs something else. Some pages are finished after that one addition, and so are finished with several. I am truly enjoying this new genre of crafting!

When I saw that Carta Bella was having a search for new design team members, I figure I would throw my name in the mix. I love their papers and embellishments. Now, I know that my chances are slim. There are so many talented and inspirational designers out there in the crafting world. So I used this call to challenge myself. Even though I classify myself as a cardmaker, I wanted to submit more layouts than cards. So after a week of crafting, I finally sent off my application! So today, I figure I would share the two layouts that I created!

Last year, my husband and I celebrated our 10th wedding anniversary with a trip to Boston/Cape Cod. I printed up some photos and they sat around for a while. I came across the Carta Bella - Ahoy There Collection and knew that I need to pair the photos with those beautiful prints! To add texture to the layout, I also included Trendy Twine Totally Natural twine.

My next layout used the Carta Bella's Baby Mine (Boy) Collection. Most of the layouts I do create, tend to focus on my daughter. So I challenged myself to do a layout with my middle son. I tried to keep this one more CAS, and still found myself adding little embellshments! (Note the wooden veneers and enamel dots!) In fact, I thought I was finished with the title "Shine Bright", but at the last minute I used Winnie & Walter's The Big, the Bold and You stamp set to stamp the rest of the title.
 
 
 
Thank you for stopping by today!
 
Jessi



1 comment: