Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Celebrate with Concord & 9th

I saw that Concord & 9th was going to start a new challenge blog, Where Creativity Meets C9,  starting next month. They are looking for a couple people to complete their design team. I love their stamps, so I decided to throw my name in the hat. It would be a great opportunity!

Here is the card I created for this design team search, using their 


To create the background of this card, there is a stamp with 5 candles on it. I actually cut the stamp into five individual stamps. **Tip**I use to hesitate cutting apart clear stamps! But sometimes I only want to use part of a larger image. It is much easier to cut the stamp than covering part of the stamp with tape. It is easy to line the image back up and stamp whenever needed.

To start the card, I stamped the cake image in the center of the card. Candle images are stamped randomly around the card. To fill in part of the empty space, I stamped the star image. Time to color in! I used a variety of watercolors to color in the images. I used a light blue to fill in the background. Once the paint dried, I stamped the star clusters to all the empty spaces. The sentiment is stamped onto a die cut banner and attached to the card.

Interested in joining the design team search? You can find the details on THIS POST!

Good luck to all those who apply!

Have a great day!
Jessi 

No comments:

Post a Comment