Thursday, March 2, 2017

Joy Clair - Designer Labels Bible Page

Hello, Joy Clair friends! I am happy you stopped by today. For the month of March, the Joy Clair design team is pulling out some of the order stamp sets and making some new projects with them.

One of the stamp sets that I choose to work with Designer Label's from the Color by Faith stamp line:

 Clear Stamps - Designer Labels | Bible Journaling Clear Stamps - Joy Clair - 1

One of my favorite stamp techniques is paper-piecing. I love to stamp images onto printed papers and piece the images back together for a pretty outcome. The dress image in the Designer Labels stamp set is perfect for this technique.


To start this project, I stamped the dress image onto a variety of prints, as well as the alphas that were going to be used on the pages.

**Tip** If you find pairing up prints challenging, work with paper pads. The companies make sure that each print works with each other. Makes our job very easy when pairing up prints!


I had a vision for the page, but during the process, I decided to make the layout spread over 2 Bible pages. So below is the first page:


The dress is created by using two different prints. The bottom layer was stamped on a purple print. The top layer is stamped on a floral print and cut slightly short, so you can see the different layers of the dress.

The letters are stamped onto different prints. At first, I was planning on adding the alphas to the page, but decided to add them to a printed strip to make the letters pop more. To make the first page flow to the next page, I used a diecut arrow to point in to the directions.


I used a pocket card from the paper pad and stamped the words from the Designer Labels stamp set onto. The rest of the page is pieced together with a variety of printed papers and word/alpha stickers.

I love of the mixture of pinks and blues look on the 2 pages. Such an elegant combination to use in the Bible.

Thank you for stopping by today!

No comments:

Post a Comment