Wednesday, June 7, 2017

Joy Clair - Baby Wipe Technique

Hello, Joy Clair friends! It is Jessi from the Joy Clair Design Team. Do you have certain supplies that you tend to rely on when journaling in your Bible? I tend to use a lot of watercolors. I recently started to use more gelatos and water crayons. I have found that they are super easy to blend with a simple baby wipe.

Today's project will be focusing on the super cute Color By Faith's Anchor of Hope stamp set:


I wanted the water to look darker the deeper it went on the page. So I decided to use the ombre effect (same color group, starting with the lightest to the darkest). Below is a sample of how I applied the crayons to the Bible page. I started with the lightest at the top and had the darkest blue at the bottom. I blended the crayons by lightly wiping with a baby wipe.


Sometimes after the blending is completed, there is a need to make the a section darker. You can do so by applying another layer of crayon to the desired section. Blending again with a wipe. Repeat until the desired color is reached.
 

During the month of June, the design team is applying BLING to their projects. I love using sequins on some of my projects. They add a fun dimension and sparkle to the final project. For the Bible Page, I included sequins that matched the different blues in the ombre water. The sequins are attached by using a small dab of glue.


I also used a baby wipe to blend in the colors on the different parts of the scene. To finish the page, I used a fine tip black pen and drew in the chain for the anchor.

Are you interested in learning the latest news going on with Joy Clair? Join us on your favorite Social media sites to see our newest products and samples from the design team members.

Thank you for stopping by! Hope you have a wonderful day!


Supplies:
Joy Clair - Anchor of Hope
NeoColor Water Crayons
Memento Tuxedo Black Ink
Sequins
Baby Wipe 


No comments:

Post a Comment