Thursday, September 28, 2017

Hey, Sugar!

Hello, MarkerPOP friends! As Halloween/Fall décor is starting to fill the stores, I have noticed a growing trend with Sugar Skulls. The Day of the Dead décor is seen everywhere! And I don't know about you, but I love the bright, bold colors the décor includes. So when I saw the Sugar Skulls stamp set from Hero Arts, I knew that I needed to get my hands on it!!

So today, I am sharing my first card (I have so many ideas for this set, that I know there will be more!), using the Hero Arts Sugar Skulls stamp set and ZIG Clean Color markers:


The first step I took making this card, was stamping the skulls down the edge of watercolor cardstock. I used the masking technique while stamping the skulls. I used a dark gray ZIG around edges of the skulls and spread the color using water. I really enjoyed how this made the white of the cardstock pop where the skulls were stamped.


Now it was time to color in the faces. The stamp set includes a few different layered stamps with designs. I used the layered stamps on the faces and colored in using bright and bold ZIG colors. (I did not use water on these colors.) I wanted to add a few splashes of paint on the card, so I placed a strip of paper to cover the skulls and splattered a few spots around the card. To finish the card, the sentiment is stamped in black ink.

The following ZIGs were used on today's card:
010, 022, 027, 031, 041, 052, 070, 080, 095



Thank you for stopping by! Have a wonderful day!

Jessi


No comments:

Post a Comment