Friday, June 12, 2015

DCWV - Hello, Little One!



I am excited to be on the DCWV blog today! I don't know about you, but I have a hard time matching prints together. To make it easier on me, I tend to stick with using prints from the same collection. DCWV stacks make this SUPER simple! I normally use a solid card base, but with all the pretty prints they include in their stacks, I could not resist switching it up on today's card.


Today I am using the DCWV Baby Boy Stack available at Michaels.

 The A2 card base is formed by using a fun plaid print available in the stack.  I loved the blue foil polka dots, so I used that as a mat for the sentiment. From the beginning, I knew that I was going to use the adorable Pink and Main Stamps (Little One), so I used a circle die to create the background for the elephant. Once I attached the circle, I trimmed off the excess.
 
Two different gray prints were used to paper-piece the elephant. When it came time for the sentiment, I used a banner that was printed in the stack. I attached the banner to a toothpick to make it look like the elephant was holding it. The rest of the sentiment is stamped onto a diecut below the banner.
 
I had so much fun working with this card. I truly enjoyed using a print as the card base! I think I will be doing this more often!
 
Thank you for stopping by today! Check out the DCWV blog for more inspiration projects from the talented design team members!
 
Have a great day!
 
 
 
DCWV Baby Boy Stack
 
 
Image 1
 

No comments:

Post a Comment