Wednesday, September 30, 2015

DCWV Spooky Delight

Fall is here! (Although, we are still waiting on the weather here in Texas!) The end of September is near. Which means Halloween is right around the corner. I have to admit, I already have some decorations up. Trying to hold off on the rest until next week. But to get me in the Halloween spirit, why not work with some Halloween papers!
Recently, DCWV released their new Halloween stack - Spooky Delight, now available at JoAnn Stores! The stack is available in a 12x12 stack, as well as a 6x6 stack.
Here is the card I created using the 6x6 DCWV Spooky Delight stack:

One thing I love about the DCWV stacks is that there are usually a few pages of sentiments, block designs that are easy to cut out. I decided to look at those pages in the stack to pick the one to work with. Once I picked out the right one, I would design my card around that.
I picked the 'Trick or Treating This Way' sentiment. I paired it up with a haunted house die. As I went through the stack, I noticed the orange sky paper. That makes a perfect background for the scene card. I was trying to decide what else the card needed. I was planning on adding a few bat diecuts to the card. But when I was going though my collection of dies, I came a across some arrow dies. PERFECT for the sentiment. I used a couple different prints for the dies. Time to piece everything together. I pieced the card together on a patterned cardbase.
Thank you for stopping by today! Have a great day!
Supplies:
DCWV Spooky Delight 6x6 paper pad
Top Dog Dies - Haunted House
Arrow Dies


2 comments: