Friday, June 22, 2012

Lily Bee "Joy" Frame

So I have decided to take a small break from cardmaking (but will be back sooon)! My latest craze has been altered items. I cannot wait to show you the projects that I have been working on. But until then, I will show you this one:


Who doesn't love the $1.00 wood frames from Michael's? I have an entire collection that was begging to be altered!  I used the Lily Bee Design Double Dutch collection on this frame. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the bright, bold summer colors in this collection!

Once the frame was painted and covered with paper, I stamped the flower stamp twice. One image was cut-out as a whole flower. The "inside" of the other image was cut-out to add dimension to the flower. After attaching the flowers, I added a bunch of orange brads to form the center of the flower.

I thought about stopping there, but felt the top of the frame needed something. After thinking about it for over a day, I decided to create the banner using Spellbinders Scallop Circles. The diecuts were folded in half and strung them across twine.  The banner needed something else, so I added the letters J-O-Y, using Lily Bee Design Alpha Stickers and punching out circles.


Hope you all have a great weekend! What are your plans? I am painting the guest room, cannot wait!

Supplies:
Michael's Wood Frame
Lily Bee Design - Double Dutch
Hero Arts Large Flower Stamp
Recollection Brads
Spellbinders Scallop Cirle Diecuts
Fiskars Circle Punch
Lily Bee Alpha Letter Stickers
Paint
Mod Podge
Twine

No comments:

Post a Comment