Friday, May 24, 2013

Day of Challenges Part #1

Who is ready for the holiday weekend? I am tackling the project of painting the living room and kitchen, so I spent most of today crafting and playing along with a couple of challenges!

I love the ombre trend that is going on lately, but have not tried the technique yet. That all changed once I saw the inspiration photo from Avery Elle's current challenge:


As you can see, I decided to go with the colors from the inspiration photo. I included the ombre coloring, similar to the water. I also included embossing swirls that reminded me of the soft waters in the photo. 

The sentiment is from Avery Elle's Oh, Baby Stamp Set. Each stamp is inked in a different shade of blue.


Thank you for stopping by today! Stop by Avery Elle's challenge to see more amazing projects and inspiration!

Playing along with:

Supplies: 
Avery Elle- Oh, Baby Stamp Set
Colorbox Bright Collections (Blues and Greens)
Embroidery Thread
Misc. Buttons
Cuttlebug Swirls Embossing Folder

3 comments: