Wednesday, November 11, 2015

DCWV Canvas Pumpkin

Hello, DCWV friends! It is finally fall here in Texas and I am in the mood to decorate! A few weeks ago, I bought a large unfinished pumpkin. I was trying to decide if I should paint it or cover it with a fun printed paper.
 
I decided to use one of DCWV Oversized Stacks available at Joann Fabrics stores. These oversized stacks are available in different types of colors and textures. I settled on using the DCWV 16x20 Oversized Canvas stack.

 
I first painted the stem and edges of the pumpkin. After the paint dried, I covered the front with Modge Podge and attached the canvas paper. I trimmed the paper along the edge. To smooth out the bubbles, I used a ruler and ran it across the front of the pumpkin. To finish the pumpkin, I added a few burlap leaves and a twine bow around the stem.
 
 
Thank you for stopping by today!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment