Thursday, November 17, 2016

Inspired by Stamping - Layered Windows

Hello, Inspired by Stamping friends. It is Jessi here for my last guest designer spot. I want to start off by thanking Joanna and the team for allowing me to play along with them this month! It has been a pleasure working with you!

I love creating layered windows on cards. So I decided to show you how to complete one with Inspired by Stamping stamp sets:


The first step is to form your A2 card base and cut our a 4in. x 5.25in panel that will be the front of the card. With this panel, use a circle die to cut out the window.


I took the forest stamp from the Winter Friends stamp set and stamped the image twice onto the cardbase. I used a grey ink, so the inks would blend into the scene. I used a light blue to color in the sky portions of the stamp.


The deer image is stamped in a brown ink and colored in with a variety of brown markers. A black marker is used to color the hooves and the tip of the nose.The image is cut out and set aside.


The front panel is flipped over and the snow drift and tree dies are attached to the back side of the window. Several foam dots are attached around the card. The panel is then attached to the cardbase.


The deer image is attached to the scene, tucked behind the die cut trees.  A simple sentiment from the Inspired by Stamping stamp set Poinsettias is stamped onto glitter paper and attached to the card.


Thank you for stopping by today and I hope you have a great day!

Supplies:
Inspired by Stamping - Poinsettias and Winter Friends
Spellbinders Circle Dies
CC Designs Tree Die
Pink & Main Scalloped Wave Die
DCWV Glitzy 6x6 pad
Neenah Solar White Cardstock
Chameleon Markers
Spectrum Noir Markers
Memento Ink - Rich Cocoa and London Fog
Foam Dots

1 comment:

  1. This is so sweet! I love the scene you created and the dimension!

    ReplyDelete